The USC Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship programs are designed to prepare postdoctoral scholars for rewarding careers in the pharmaceutical industry. Fellows work with mentors to participate in activities that enhance the skills required to excel in their field. Graduate-level coursework and seminars at the University of Southern California School of Pharmacy are part of the fellowship along with our industry partners including Abbvie, Inc. and Gilead Sciences, Inc. Please refer to the brochures for specific information about the USC-AbbVie Fellowship (download brochure), the USC-Gilead Fellowship (download brochure), the USC-Kite Fellowship (download brochure), the USC-MannKind Corporation Fellowship (download brochure) or the USC-Neurocrine Biosciences Fellowship (download brochure).
Upon completion of the program, fellows will be prepared for the challenges of a career in the pharmaceutical industry. Past fellows have been placed into rewarding positions in industry, pharmacy practice and research. USC Pharmacy’s fellowship programs adhere to the guidelines of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. All fellowships begin July 1 and end on June 30.
- Access to USC Regulatory Science courses and tuition remission, up to 4 units per semester
- Networking with USC students and alumni
- Participating in professional leadership workshops
- Financial relocation assistance for out-of-state fellows
- Financial support to attend professional conferences and events
- Delivering lectures to pharmacy students
- Recruiting prospective graduate and professional students to the Fellowship Program
Depending on funding status, the fellowship program may include:
- Clinical Development
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Drug Delivery Sciences
- Global Regulatory Affairs
- Medical Affairs
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Research Pharmacology
Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Medical Information
- Medical Affairs – HIV Prevention
- Medical Affairs – Patient-Focused Medical Education and Strategy (PFMES)
Fellowship Program Admission
The USC Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship programs provide exceptional preparation and education for postdoctoral graduates entering the pharmaceutical industry. Entry into the program is competitive and applicants are encouraged to review all admission requirements and deadlines prior to beginning the application process.
The USC Postdoctoral Fellows are classified as students and are affiliated with AbbVie, Inc. and Gilead Sciences, Inc. for the purpose of training and career development.
To be admitted to the USC Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship programs, the candidate must have completed:
- A PharmD, MD, PhD or equivalent doctorate degree from an accredited college or university within five years of initial appointment.
The application for the 2020-2021 cycle will be available October 1, 2020. Please apply through the USC School of Pharmacy online application.
Candidates are asked to supply:
- The email addresses of three references
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of intent
- Official pharmacy school or graduate school transcripts may be sent electronically from the registrar’s office to email@example.com or mailed to Pharmacy Residency & Fellowship Programs, 1985 Zonal Avenue, PSC B-15 Los Angeles, CA 90033
December 11, 2020
For additional information on the program, please contact:
William C. Gong, PharmD, FASHP, FCSHP
Director, Residency and Fellowship Programs
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
University of Southern California
School of Pharmacy
1985 Zonal Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90089-9121
Telephone: (323) 442-2625
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com