To apply to our Master of Science programs, you must:
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 from an accredited college or university.*
- Submit two letters of recommendation from professionals or professors familiar with your capabilities and achievements.
- Submit your most up-to-date resume.
- Submit a personal statement that addresses your interest in the degree.
- English Proficiency: If your bachelor’s degree was earned in a non-English speaking country and you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, you need to submit scores from an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Please note that even if you are from an English-speaking country, you may still need to submit scores. We require that you have verification of the following scores within two years of your intended enrollment:
- An Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) score of 100 with no less than 20 on each sub-score; or
- An IELTS of 7 with no less than 6 on each band score.
If your native language is English and/or you have a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university, you are exempted from this examination. If you have questions about departmental requirements for the TOEFL, please contact Desirae Hernandez.
*The Admissions Committee will consider all application materials and carefully read each application thoroughly and relies on a wide range of indicators from your application to determine your fit and aptitude for success in the program. If you have any questions about your specific situation, please feel free to contact us.
You may apply online through the USC Graduate Admissions website. You will find our programs under the “USC School of Pharmacy”. Please arrange to have transcripts and test scores sent to USC in time to meet your application deadline.
Materials to be submitted
- Official transcripts from all colleges you have attended, sent to the USC Office of Admission, as directed in the online application process, to the following address:
University of Southern California
Office of Admission and Financial Aid
3601 South Flower Street, Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0911
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or professionals familiar with your capabilities and achievements, utilizing the process provided called “Evaluations” in the online application. It includes a form to be completed as well as uploading a personalized letter.
- Your personal statement that addresses your interest in the degree and possible areas for your doctoral research should be uploaded in the “Documents” section under “Program Materials”
- Your resume should be uploaded in the “Documents” section under “Supporting Information”
- Submit GRE scores, have your scores sent to the USC Office of Admissions (code #4852).
- GRE scores are no longer required though are highly recommended for applicants that have below a 3.0 GPA and no industry experience.
- If you are required to submit TOEFL scores (please see above for details), have your scores sent to the USC Office of Admissions (code #4852).
Thank you very much for your interest in our program. Desirae Hernandez, Program Manager of Admissions and Professional Development would be delighted to answer any questions you may have, schedule a visit or arrange contacts with faculty members or students to further explore your interest in our program.