The 2017-18 academic year has been a tremendous one so far, and we have much to look forward to in the coming months, including breaking ground on new physical space in the Seaver residence hall adjacent to the Pharmaceutical Sciences Center.
We have launched a new diversity initiative, the Fortuna Copia scholarship, to help inspire students from backgrounds underrepresented in pharmacy to enroll in our School.
We will also implement the School’s 2017-22 strategic plan, Transforming the Face of Pharmacy, which will guide our efforts and ensure our School continues to set standards in education, research and clinical practice, in the following areas:
- Student-Centered Education – Provide student-centered educational excellence and experiences, local and globally
- Future Leaders – Prepare leaders to transform pharmacy and healthcare
- Improve Lives – Improve the lives of those in our local, regional, national and global communities
- Impactful Research – Expand impactful research and scholarship
- Collaboration and Convergent Science – Build and sustain collaborations, partnerships and convergent science
- Supportive and Sustainable Environment – Cultivate a supportive and sustainable work and learning environment
None of this would be possible without the generosity and support of our alumni and supporters.
As we continue in the second semester of the 2017-18 year, we have already raised $73 million of our $100 million goal for the “Boldly First” campaign. With your support, I know we can reach and exceed the campaign goal. If you have questions, please contact Karen Thomas on the Advancement team at 323-442-2483 (email@example.com).
Together, we can ensure that the school continues to set standards of innovation and excellence in education, research, and clinical practice for many generations to come. Thank you for your continued support, and thank you for joining us on this vital journey.
Vassilios Papadopoulos, D.Pharm., Ph.D., D.Sc. (Hon)
John Stauffer Dean’s Chair in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Professor of Pharmacology & Pharmaceutical Sciences