Please follow the steps below to submit your application.
We are available to guide you through our streamlined admission process.
Preparing to Apply
1) Choose your intended semester
2) Learn about USC’s English Language Requirement
- If your bachelor’s degree was earned in a non-English speaking country and you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, you need to submit scores from an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- We require that you have verification of the following scores within two years of your intended enrollment:
- An Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) score of 90 with no less than 20 on each sub-score; or
- An IELTS of 6.5
- If your native language is English or you have a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university, you are exempt from this examination. If you have questions about program requirements for the TOEFL, please contact Michelle Ton at email@example.com.
3) Prepare for and take the TOEFL (Requirements: TOEFL score = minimum 90 with no less than 20 in each section; or IELTS score= minimum 6.5 with no less than 6 on each band score)
4) Prepare Proof of Financial Support documentation (not required for intent to admit notification, but is required for formal admission and issuance of I-20)
5) Prepare supplemental materials:
This statement should succinctly describe:
- Your reasons for applying to the Biopharmaceutical Marketing program
- Your preparation for this field of study
- Study interests
- Future career plans
- Other aspects of your background and interests which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study
Letters of Recommendation
Identify your recommenders: faculty or others (supervisors, professional colleagues, etc.) qualified to evaluate your potential graduate study.
Additional supplemental materials such as résumés/CVs may also be included.
Ready To Apply
Submit your application using the USC Graduate Online Application System. Any technical questions should be directed to ASK USC.
1) Select “Create Account”
2) Under “Add Program” tab, select the following information:
- School: USC School of Pharmacy
- Program Level: Master
- Department: Biopharmaceutical Marketing
- Term: Select which semester you are applying for
- Delivery: On-Campus
3) Go to the “My Application” tab to fill out the Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information (optional), and Program Materials quadrants
4) Personal Statement
Upload a one-page personal statement; single-spaced, 12-point font, one-inch margins
5) Letters of Recommendation
- At least two letters of recommendation must accompany your application
- Recommenders must submit their letters through the USC Online Application System
- The recommender will receive notification from USC so that they can submit their letter of recommendation
- You are responsible for ensuring that your recommenders upload an accompanying letter of recommendation to the system
6) Resume/curriculum vitae (optional)
7) $90 application fee (mandatory)
- The BPMK program does not administer the online application system and cannot comment on and/or waive the fee
- Please direct your inquiry to ASK USC
Please contact us if you have questions regarding GRE scores or run into issues with the application process.
1) GRE, TOEFL or IELTS
- If applicable, request that the testing agency send GRE,TOEFL or IELTS scores to USC
- USC’s ETS Institution Code is 4852 or University of Southern California
- A program code is not necessary
Mail official, sealed transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended (with official English translations if necessary) to the address below:
USC Schaeffer Center
635 Downey Way, Suite 312
Los Angeles, CA 90089-3333
- You may submit your official transcripts by either 1) asking your undergraduate and/or institution to send your transcripts directly to our office or, 2) obtaining the official transcripts in a sealed envelope from the university and send them to USC yourself
- If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree, submit transcripts for all semesters you have completed
- After you have completed your degree, you will need to submit your complete official transcripts
- For faster processing, include your 10-digit USC ID with your transcripts, and send to the address listed below
- We encourage you to submit official transcripts as soon as possible
IMPORTANT: Your application cannot be reviewed without official electronic test scores and official transcripts.
3) Submit the Proof of Financial Support documentation and a photocopy of the first two pages of your passport
International students recommended for admission are required to submit proof of sufficient financial support and passport verification in order to issue an I-20. While these documents are not required for your application to be reviewed, we highly recommend that you submit them as soon as possible.
For more information, please visit the USC Graduate Admission website. Enter Key Word Financial Documentation in Search function.
After You Apply
After your application package is complete, it is sent to a graduate committee for review. Once a decision is made, an official notification letter will be sent to you.
Note: All required application materials must be received by the respective application deadline to guarantee review for the intended semester.