The USC Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship programs provide exceptional preparation and education for postdoctoral graduates entering the pharmaceutical industry. Entry into the program is competitive and applicants are encouraged to review all admission requirements and deadlines prior to beginning the application process.
The USC Postdoctoral Fellows are classified as students and are affiliated with AbbVie, Inc., Arcutis Biotherapeutics, Gilead Sciences, Inc., Govise, Inc., Kite Pharma, MannKind Corporation, and Neurocrine Biosciences for the purpose of training and career development.
To be admitted to the USC Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship programs, the candidate must have completed:
- PharmD, MD, or PhD in applicable field from an accredited university within 5 years of receiving degree.
- Good oral and written communication skills, ethics, professionalism, leadership, and an interest in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
The USC application portal opens October 1, 2022 for the 2023-2024 cycle. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible for early review. Please apply through the USC School of Pharmacy online application portal.
Candidates are asked to supply:
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Provide email addresses of three references
- Professional or graduate school transcripts. Official pharmacy school or graduate school transcripts may be sent electronically from the registrar’s office to email@example.com or mailed to Pharmacy Residency & Fellowship Programs, 1985 Zonal Avenue, PSC B-15 Los Angeles, CA 90089
In addition to applying through the USC portal, please submit a CV and letter of intent through the American Society of Health System Pharmacist (ASHP) Personnel Placement Service (PPS) for the specific programs to request for first round screening interviews. The ASHP PPS open October 5 for fellowship candidates.
We will be conducting fellowship candidate interviews at the ASHP PPS, December 4 – 6, 2022 at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada.
December 9, 2022
Academic Industry Fellowship Alliance (AIFA) Consensus Statement
Recognizing that the choice of a Post-Doctoral Industry Fellowship is an important decision, The USC School of Pharmacy in conjunction with the Academic Industry Fellowship Alliance (AIFA), has agreed to extend offers for Fellowships no earlier than December 7, 2022.
- The AIFA is comprised of Keck Graduate Institute (KGI), Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS), Northeastern University Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowships, Purdue University College of Pharmacy, Rutgers Institute for Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowships (RPIF), Saint Joseph’s University, University of North Carolina Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics (UNC, DPET), and University of Southern California School of Pharmacy (USC School of Pharmacy).
We see this respect for candidate choice as a common aspect of each of our Program’s cultures. We hope that other academic and non-academic Fellowship Programs will respect this timeline.