Eunjoo Pacifici, PharmD, PhD
Director, International Center for Regulatory Science
Regulatory and Quality SciencesCurriculum Vitae
Associate Professor of Regulatory and Quality Sciences
- Clinical research and drug regulations
- Global pharmaceutical market and international medical product regulations
- Research and development in emerging markets
- International approaches to product development
- Regulatory harmonization efforts that work to expedite patient access
- Novel approaches to clinical trial design and implementation
- Lipid peroxidation and membrane damage
- Role of phospholipase A2 in membrane remodeling
Dr. Pacifici received her Doctor of Pharmacy and PhD in Toxicology from University of Southern California. She conducted her graduate research in the laboratory of Dr. Alex Sevanian in the Institute for Toxicology at USC where she studied the mechanism of oxidative damage and repair in endothelial cell membrane.
After receiving her graduate degrees, Dr. Pacifici worked at Amgen and gained experience in conducting clinical research with a special focus on Asia Pacific and Latin America regions. She initially worked in the clinical development group managing U.S. investigational sites and central laboratories and then went on to work in the Asia Pacific/ Latin America group interfacing with local clinical and regulatory staff in Japan, People’s Republic of China, Taiwan, and Mexico. She represented regional clinical and regulatory views on therapeutic product development teams and led satellite task forces in order to align local efforts with U.S. activities.
Her additional professional experiences include community pharmacy practice in various settings and clinical pharmacy practice at the Hospital of the Good Samaritan in Los Angeles.
In her current role, Dr. Pacifici is working to provide the next generation of regulatory scientists and pharmacy professionals with knowledge, tools, and skills to expedite the development and delivery of innovative, safe, and effective biomedical products.