Curtis Okamoto, PhD
Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Studies
Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Studies
The Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Studies reports to the Dean and oversees the Office of Graduate Education. He will develop and implement strategies to increase graduate and postdoctoral fellowship and training grant submission. Additionally, in conjunction with the department chairs, he will support master’s and PhD programs and develop a program providing support for postdoctoral fellows. More specifically, he:
· Oversees the Office of Graduate Education and the Graduate Affairs Committee and appoints the committee chair. Serves as an ex-officio member of the Graduate Affairs Committee.
· Oversees the evaluation, staffing and budgeting needs of the Office of Graduate Education; reallocation and reassignment of funds and staffing to meet the School’s mission.
· Develops and participates in the recruitment and admissions strategy. Development of innovative strategies to increase graduate student enrollment. Provides data analysis to drive decisions supporting recruitment, retention, and graduation.
· Assessment of existing and creation of new graduate degree programs and certificates.
· Provides services to students throughout their studies at the School.
· Develops productive partnerships with schools/colleges and external stakeholders (academic institutions and the private sector).