Annie Wong-Beringer, PharmD, FCCP, FIDSA
Associate Dean for Research
Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
The Associate Dean for Research reports to the Dean and supervises the Research Affairs Office with oversight regarding the pre-award segment of funded research through the proposal process, editing, and submission. She will seed and develop collaborative, interdisciplinary and translational research through diverse mechanisms across the departments and centers. In addition, her office will support various research functions including the purchasing and maintenance of common major lab equipment, oversight of research infrastructure and core facilities, assessment of research space allocation through consultation with the space committee, and recommendations on bridge funding requests. More specifically, she:
· Oversees the evaluation, staffing and budgeting needs of the Research Affairs Office; reallocation and reassignment of funds and staffing to meet the School’s mission.
· Supervises the Research Affairs Office to facilitate research grant submission, identification of funding agencies and requests for application (RFA), and scientific editing of grants by outsourcing and provide data management for research activities and evaluation.
· Seeds and develops collaborative, interdisciplinary and translational research through diverse mechanisms across the departments and centers.
· In coordination with department chairs, provides research education for faculty including workshops.
· Responsible for research infrastructure and core facilities, as well as research space reallocation and assignment through consultation with the space committee.
· Oversees the Research Committee and appoints the Chair of the Committee. Serves as an ex-officio member of the Research Committee.
· Develops and manages a budget to support research functions including seminars/workshops, service contracts, major lab equipment, and bridge funding.
· Makes recommendations to the Dean on bridge funding requests to be funded by the School.
. Represents the school in university committees as Associate Dean for Research, and communicates information with faculty and staff.