Steven W. Chen, PharmD, FASHP, FCSHP, FNAP
Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs
William A. and Josephine A. Heeres Chair in Community Pharmacy Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
The Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs reports to the Dean and has responsibility for the coordination and oversight of clinical services of faculty, staff and residents, and for the oversight of all clinical training provided to students. More specifically, he:
· Provides strategic oversight of the School’s community pharmacies’ operations in terms of: (i) clinical programs and (ii) development of new services.
· Provides leadership, coordination, negotiation and oversight of clinical services of faculty, staff and residents in Los Angeles County+USC Medical Center, Keck Hospital of USC and USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital, safety-net Clinics and other off-campus faculty/staff practice sites.
· Develops and plans faculty documentation and provision of clinical services. Assures student programs are coordinated and supervised.
· Negotiates or participates in negotiations on contracts, and ensures services provided and programs are strategic to the School and meeting the needs of the clinic and future practice.
· Coordinates with the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Admissions regarding mentoring of students.
· Provides strategic planning, leadership and oversight of clinical residency and clinical fellowship programs to ensure training programs are high quality.
· Provides strategic leadership, planning and oversight of PharmD experiential programs (IPPE/APPE).
· Provides strategic leadership and oversight of Continuing Professional Development programs.
· Provides strategic leadership to Pharmaceutical Care Management (PCM) Development and Implementation in terms of budget, faculty activities, planning and coordination with teaching programs, consortium planning with USC and other schools, Faculty Practice Plan planning and oversight.
· Strategizes and provides support in promoting and managing private grants.