Certificate Programs in Regulatory Science
The USC School of Pharmacy’s Regulatory Science program offers five graduate certificates focusing on safety and leadership in fields that affect human welfare. More than 60 students have obtained a graduate certificate in regulatory science from USC, including 32 students who work at the US Food and Drug Administration and have graduated with the Certificate in Patient and Product Safety.
The program is designed for working professionals who wish to take one or two courses per term in convenient weekend or distance formats. Each program requires the completion of 12 units of study in courses 2-4 units in length.
- The Certificate in Clinical Research Design and Management is an ideal training program for individuals interested in clinical research, either at a clinical site or in a medical products company.
- The Certificate in Patient and Product Safety prepares risk managers and pharmacovigilence experts for professional careers where medical products and facilities interact with people to create high-risk situations that need to be anticipated and controlled.
- The Certificate in Food Safety meets a growing need for regulatory and safety experts in food and supplement industries.
- The Certificate in Preclinical Drug Development is designed to provide advanced training for individuals interested in preclinical aspects of translational medicine and associated research.
- The Certificate in Regulatory and Clinical Affairs is designed to provide specialized education for individuals interested in developing a systematic understanding of the US regulatory system for medical products.