Doctor of Pharmacy/Master of Science in Healthcare Decision Analysis (PharmD/MS HCDA)
The PharmD/MS Healthcare Decision Analysis program is a comprehensive dual-degree program in which pharmacy education is enhanced by a practical understanding and applied skills in business intelligence, health economics and healthcare policy. The program provides an opportunity for advanced preparation in the fields of coverage, access, reimbursement and pricing for both domestic and international pharmaceuticals. Graduates are specifically prepared to seek careers in the pharmaceutical industry, managed care, healthcare systems, consulting and government.
Admission Requirements and Application Process
Students interested in the dual PharmD/MS in Healthcare Decision Analysis degree must be accepted into the USC School of Pharmacy PharmD program first. Upon successful completion of the first professional pharmacy year, students will be eligible to apply for the MS in HCDA program. Once accepted, students will take courses from both programs simultaneously beginning their second professional year, completing both degrees in parallel by the end of their fourth professional year. The MS in HCDA will require students to complete at least an additional 24 units of coursework above the PharmD. All coursework for both degrees must be completed prior to PharmD graduation.
Requirements for admission include:
• Successful completion of your first professional year with a GPA of at least 3.0
• Completed application, interview and acceptance by the HCDA Director
Application options to the dual degree program:
• If you are admitted to PharmD program and have expressed an interest in the dual degree, you will be offered and opportunity to apply directly to the MS in HCDA program in the first year of the PharmD program.
• Students who have not previously stated their interest in a dual degree will still be eligible to apply for the HCDA dual degree program anytime in either their first or second professional year.
• If you are not accepted by the PharmD program at USC, you may choose to apply independently to the MS in HCDA program, but will not be eligible for the dual degree.
For more information, please call the School of Pharmacy’s Healthcare Decision Analysis program at (213) 821-6181 or visit our website at HCDA.usc.edu