Allergan-USC Industry Fellowship
The one-year Allergan Medical Affairs fellowship is designed to provide the opportunity to gain first-hand experience with the different functional areas of the Medical Affairs organization. The fellow will become an integral member of the Medical Affairs team and report to the Medical Affairs director of operations.
The fellow also will have exposure to medical information, medical science liaisons, medical education, phase IV studies and investigator-initiated studies. The fellow will develop a thorough understanding of the operations of a medical affairs department and be conversant with the content development and dissemination of information.
The medical affairs fellowship emphasizes:
- Understand the operational component of Medical Affairs and its various departmental roles within the organization.
- Medical Affairs team meetings for content development, study proposal review and product information dissemination.
- Updates on state and federal initiatives related to the Medical Affairs function.
- Teamwork within a multifaceted department, which includes medical information, medical science liaisons, medical education, phase IV studies and investigator-initiated studies.
- Opportunities to attend, plan and participate in pharmacy and industry conferences.
In addition to a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited university or equivalent, industry-track courses and/or a previous industry internship are desirable.
For additional information or to apply for the fellowship, please contact:
William C. Gong, PharmD, FASHP, FCSHP
Director, Residency and Fellowship Training
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
University of Southern California
School of Pharmacy
1985 Zonal Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90089-9121
Telephone: (323) 442-2625
Email: email@example.com, Res-Fellow@pharmacy.usc.edu