The USC School of Pharmacy greatly values our health fair preceptors as important partners who contribute to providing healthcare services to members of our community and who participate in teaching opportunities with our student pharmacists. Applications will be accepted throughout the year. Sign up to become a health fair preceptor with the USC School of Pharmacy today!
Click here to apply.
Pharmacists who are interested in becoming a health fair preceptor must:
- Complete the health fair preceptor application
- Reapply once every year beginning in July
- Have a current, unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in California
- Have professional liability insurance
- Have skills in supervising your chosen screening or education project
- To precept for immunizations: have proof of formal immunization training (such as a certificate from the APhA Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Program) and current BLS certification
- To precept for osteoporosis: complete annual training program provided by the USC School of Pharmacy
- View the preceptor web-based training program provided by the USC School of Pharmacy
Once you have completed your application to become a health fair preceptor, you will be added to our database and you may be contacted by our student pharmacists who are coordinating community outreach events. There is no minimum or maximum requirement for the number of events that you have to precept once you sign up to become a health fair preceptor. You are welcome to volunteer to serve as a preceptor for as many events as you are able to attend. A typical preceptor shift for our community outreach event ranges from 2 to 4 hours.
To view a complete list of our scheduled events, please click here.