Michael Z. Wincor, PharmD
Associate Dean for Global Initiatives
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences firstname.lastname@example.org
The Associate Dean for Global Initiatives reports to the Dean and he facilitates international relationships on behalf of the School. More specifically, he:
· Manages the development, implementation and evaluation of international relationships for the School (e.g., formal academic exchange agreements, student and faculty exchanges, visiting scholars, etc.) with international partners, with guidance from the dean, department chairs and individual faculty.
· Travels to current and potential partners to discuss specific aspects of collaboration and to teach students and demonstrate interactive teaching and active learning techniques for faculty colleagues.
· Coordinates and hosts visits to the School by international students, practicing pharmacists and faculty.
· Serves as faculty advisor to the student chapter of the International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation.
· Represents the School through participation in the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Global Pharmacy Education Special Interest Group (SIG) and the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) Academic Pharmacy section.
· Identifies new opportunities for collaborations, student exchanges, and creation of USC School of Pharmacy learning centers abroad.
· Identifies and encourages international student applications.