Live & Online Programs
USC School of Pharmacy Presents: APhA Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery (July 8, 2017)
This certificate training program for pharmacists provides 20 hours of continuing education credit, including 12 hours of self study and 8 hours of live classroom study.
APhA’s Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery certificate training program (13th Edition) is an innovative, intensive, and practice-based continuing pharmacy education, based on national educational standards for immunization training from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This program is designed to educate pharmacists about the professional opportunities for vaccine advocacy and administration. This practice-based curriculum represents a fusion of science and clinical pharmacy. The program, which emphasizes a health care team approach, seeks to foster the implementation of interventions that will promote disease prevention and public health.
- Audience: Pharmacists and other healthcare professionals aiming to learn the skills necessary to become a primary source for vaccine advocacy, education and administration.
- Goal: To provide comprehensive immunization education and training, as well as provide the pharmacist with the knowledge, skills, and resources necessary to establish and promote a successful immunization service
- Objectives: At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Identify opportunities for pharmacists to become involved in immunization delivery
- Describe how vaccines evoke an immune response and provide immunity
- Discuss the legal, regulatory, and liability issues involved with pharmacy-based immunization programs
- Describe the signs and symptoms of adverse reactions that can occur after vaccination
- Demonstrate appropriate intramuscular and subcutaneous injection techniques for adult immunization
- Describe emergency procedures for management of patients with adverse reactions to vaccination
- Richard Dang, PharmD, APh, BCACP
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, USC School of Pharmacy
- Edith Mirzaian, PharmD, BCACP
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, USC School of Pharmacy
- $375 – includes all program materials, lunch, breaks, parking
- $300 – reduced registration rate for USC approved preceptors, USC alumni and USC QSAD members
More information: Contact email@example.com or at 323.442.2403