Glen L. Stimmel, PharmD
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences
The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs reports to the Dean and is responsible for all academic matters, including curriculum, assessment and accreditation. More specifically, he:
· Oversees the Curriculum Committee. Serves as an ex-officio member of the committee.
· Develops formative and summative assessment instruments for the curriculum to insure core and professional experiences are of adequate intensity, breadth and duration to support achievement of stated competencies.
· Develops and maintains a continuous improvement process of the curricular structure, content, process and outcomes.
· Assists course coordinators in managing small group teaching processes and scheduling including training of facilitators and providing technological support for assessment activities.
· Oversees development of School policies and procedures related to curriculum and assessment activities. Manages staff assigned to curriculum and assessment support.
· Responsible for implementation of the assessment program for the School based on the School’s mission and strategic plan related to the PharmD curriculum.
· Oversees the assessment committee, appoints the committee chair, and serves as an ex-officio member of the committee. Develops the assessment planning document for use in data collection and dissemination related to assessment.
· Oversees the School’s PharmD accreditation process and participates in the preparation of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) self-study report related to assessment of the curriculum, practice-based programs, admissions, student achievement and faculty evaluation and development.
· Provides programs to enhance teaching and assessment skills of faculty within the PharmD program in conjunction with the Excellence in Teaching Committee.
· Conducts orientation programs for new teaching assistants and faculty related to their teaching within the School.
· Provides the annual teaching skills seminar series for residents and fellows and coordinates the teaching skills certificate program.
· Oversees the Office of Undergraduate Education.
· Works with faculty to enhance the scholarship of teaching in conjunction with the Excellence in Teaching Committee.