QSAD Centurion is the premier fundraising support group of the USC School of Pharmacy. The group was established in 1958 to maintain USC’s excellence as a center of pharmacy education.
QSAD is an abbreviation of the Latin inscription formerly written on most prescriptions, “quantum sufficit ad”—as much as is sufficient. This ancient phrase inspired the mission of QSAD Centurion—to contribute sufficient funds to make a difference between an adequate education and a great one.
Membership is open to everyone. Currently, QSAD is committed to raising $250,000 in support of Dean Vanderveen’s vision for an endowed Chair for the Advancement of Pharmacy Practice (CAPP). This effort continues the School’s long-standing tradition of leading the way in pharmacy practice. The Chair holder will be a skilled researcher and practitioner who will conduct research demonstrating the value of the pharmacist and publish these studies in journals of high impact, testify on policy issues, write op-ed pieces highlighting the pharmacist’s role and be prominent nationally. Your membership will play an important role in reaching this goal. In return, you will become part of the School’s vast network of friends who are advancing the pharmacy profession.
A History of Contribution
QSAD Centurion and its members have contributed more than $2.5 million to the USC School of Pharmacy, including:
- Provided $300,000 for the renovation of Room 104 (the new QSAD Centurion Executive Conference Room).
- Directed $685,000 to the construction of the John Stauffer Pharmaceutical Sciences Center.
- Pledged $400,000 to a QSAD Centurion Professorship. This professorship fund now has a value of $900,000.
- Contributed $385,000 to the renovation of the Center for Health Professions (CHP).
- Raised more than $150,000 to establish the Technology and Education Center (TEC), housing the School’s computer laboratory.
- Provided $300,000 to support renovations and additional classroom space at the Center for Health Professions.
- Sponsors the annual White Coat Ceremony to induct first-year students into the pharmacy profession.
- Provides travel expenses to PharmD students to attend professional state and national conferences.
A membership in QSAD Centurion provides:
- A handsome membership plaque to recognize your important contribution
- A membership pin to proudly show your support of the USC School of Pharmacy
- Discounted rates on continuing education programs sponsored by the School of Pharmacy
- Access to the resources of the Norris Medical Library on the USC Health Sciences Campus, including access to MedLine and other online services
- Networking opportunities with other pharmacy professionals
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact:
Director of Major Gifts
Telephone: (323) 442-2483