QSAD Centurion is the premier support group of the USC School of Pharmacy. The group was established in 1958 to maintain USC’s excellence as a center of pharmacy education. The organization of pharmacy leaders is focused on providing significant financial support for the School and strengthening relationships between the School, pharmacists, faculty students and the entire healthcare community.
QSAD is an abbreviation of the Latin inscription formerly written on most prescriptions, “quantum sufficit ad”—as much as is sufficient. This ancient phrase inspired the mission of QSAD Centurion—to contribute sufficient funds to make a difference between an adequate education and a great one.
Membership is open to everyone. As a member, you will become part of the School’s vast network of friends who are advancing the pharmacy profession.
A History of Impact
Over the past 57 years, QSAD Centurion has raised over $3 million for the USC School of Pharmacy, enhancing the student experience and advancing the profession by:
- Ensuring students have state-of-the-art learning environment by contributing to capital projects and technology updates
- Strengthening educational and research opportunities
- Sponsoring hands-on, community service experiences
- Sponsoring the annual White Coat Ceremony
QSAD is a vital, active association, with a history of accomplishments including:
- Provided $300,000 for the renovation of Room 104 (the new QSAD Centurion Executive Conference Room)
- Directed $685,000 to the construction of the John Stauffer Pharmaceutical Sciences Center
- Pledged $400,000 to a QSAD Centurion Professorship. This professorship fund now has a value of $900,000
- Contributed $685,000 to the renovations and expansion at the Center for Health Professions (CHP)
- Raised more than $150,000 to establish the Technology and Education Center (TEC)
- Annually provides travel expenses to PharmD students to attend professional state and national conferences
QSAD members are an integral part of the Trojan Family, forging a close relationship with the School and the entire unviersity. Membership benefits include:
- Professional networking opportunities
- Invitations to QSAD member events
- Invitations to exclusive School events
- Access to the resources of the Norris Medical Library on the USC Health Sciences Campus, including access to MedLine and other online services
- Insider updates about the School and the profession
Become a Member Today
QSAD membership is open to all who are committed to promoting the pharmacy profession and supporting the USC School of Pharmacy. Our members include alumni and friends who are the leaders and advocates of the profession. Annual membership begins at $200. To start your membership, click on the “JOIN NOW” button below, then select the USC Pharmacy QSAD Centurion Fund:
If you’d rather initiate your membership by mail, please download this form and return as directed.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact:
Director of Major Gifts
Telephone: (323) 442-2483