USC Pharmacy Associates
USC Pharmacy Associates provide crucial funds to support all functions and programs within the School of Pharmacy. Members receive special recognition and benefits, and are integrally involved in University activities. Most importantly, members invest in the men and women who will shape the field of pharmacy in the future.
By joining the USC Pharmacy Associates, you make a meaningful difference in the lives of students, in the legacy of the School of Pharmacy and in the advancement of the profession.
How Your Gift Can Help
The USC Pharmacy Associates help fund a wide range of programs, including:
- Endowed chairs and professorships
- Endowed scholarships
- Research and educational facilities
- Special priorities of the dean
One of the most powerful tools for attracting and retaining excellence in educational leader is the endowed faculty chair or professorship. Renowned faculty attract other first-rate clinicians and scientists, as well as the most promising students. They also generate external support from public and private sources, bringing added prestige to the School and reducing the School’s dependence on tuition and fees.
Endowed scholarships help attract the most gifted students to the School and help ensure diversity within the School and the profession. Investing in state-of-the-art teaching and research similarly attract top students and faculty, and foster groundbreaking work and scholarly productivity.
Support for special priorities helps secure new instructional and research technology and resources, advance the curriculum and provide the wherewithal to address new opportunities as they arise.
The Matching-Gift Program
Take advantage of a special opportunity with the matching-gift program. When you become a member of the USC Pharmacy Associates, the matching-gift program will pay 20% of your membership fee.
The School of Pharmacy is committed to raising at least $1.8 million through this program to fund the Hygeia Centennial Chair in Clinical Pharmacy and support research techniques in clinical pharmacogenomics.
- Chairman: $300,000 pledge payable over five years (plus $3,000 required annual contribution to USC Associates)
- President: $150,000 pledge payable over five years (plus $1,500 required annual contribution to USC Associates)
- Provost: $50,000 pledge payable over five years (plus $500 required annual contribution to USC Associates)
- Junior: $2,500 per year (ages 35 and under)
While an investment in the USC School of Pharmacy’s future offers its own rewards, USC Pharmacy Associates receive a variety of benefits acknowledging their special relationship with USC. Courtesies expand with pledge levels, and all members receive:
- Complimentary on-campus parking
- Invitations to premier University and members-only events, including Associates pre-game football picnics
- Campus card entitling member to the use of the University Club and University Libraries
- Discounts to USC musical and theatrical performances
- Personal assistance with USC requests
- Discounted membership to the LA Athletic Club
For information on becoming a member, please contact:
Director of Major Gifts
Telephone: (323) 442-1360