Open Faculty Positions
Please visit Jobs at USC for School of Pharmacy faculty positions at http://capsnet.usc.edu/ers/.
Pharmacy Job Network
Executive Pharmacist & Community Outreach Specialist (Altadena, California)
(posted August 21, 2014)
Improving health care for our guests is a priority for us. A great opportunity to serve Webster’s Community Pharmacy’s guests & potential customers with professional care. Drive profitable pharmacy sales by ensuring a fast, accurate, and genuine interaction with every guest. Use your skills, experience & talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking & visionary goals. Pharmacist and Community Outreach Specialist will work in tandem with the Owner/PIC
Pharmacist – 80% of your time
- Become a trusted health care resource to Webster’s guests by compounding & dispensing medication accurately. Providing patient counseling; including clinical pharmacy services
- Champion sales & guest experience by supervising the day-to-day operations of the Pharmacy team
- Execute common store process & implement new company initiatives
- Direct credentialed clinical programs e.g. weight loss, smoking cessation, cholesterol care & diabetes prevention
- Establish & maintain patient profiles
- Uphold service standards for counseling, dispensing, pricing, licensing, managing inventory & record keeping
- Ensure all work processes are performed efficiently & effectively at each work station by performing quality assurance steps & providing coaching, training & honest feedback to team members
- Comply with state/federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the DEA, & the FDA, & maintain records for controlled substances,
- Maintain pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks & participating in professional networks.
Community Outreach Specialist – 20% of your time
The Community Outreach Specialist will build the community relations function, help shape Webster’s image for the future & drive new sales & will play a key role in Webster’s community awareness & business development. This person is expected to be a creative, strategic & results-oriented leader who can develop and manage new relationships & drive additional traffic to Webster’s. This position will involve driving to and meeting with local community groups & will require that one..;
All other duties as assigned by the Owners
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD
- 3+ yrs. experience in pharmacy & community outreach
- Active pharmacy license in California w/all held licenses in good standing
- Strong commitment to guest service & willing to provide clinical services such as immunizations & screenings
- Ability to lead & work on a team
- Self-starter; initiative-taking; detail oriented
- Demonstrated time management & organizational skills
- Creative thinker
- Strong public speaking experience; superior communication skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, & flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible work schedule
- Valid Driver’s License & proof of insurance
The Executive Pharmacist and Community Outreach Specialist will report directly to the Owners.
Please send your resume w/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Research Analyst
(posted June 23)
AdverseEvents makes previously unavailable post-approval drug side effect information accessible and actionable with tools and analytics that allow decision makers throughout the healthcare industry to quickly understand and analyze the impact of drug safety on a comparative and predictive basis.
With proprietary technologies and unique product offerings, AdverseEvents is positioned to disrupt the entire post-approval drug industry with the broad roll out of AdverseEvents Explorer and accompanying service offerings.
We are currently seeking a Drug Safety Research Analyst to work on site in our Santa Rosa, CA office. The primary role of the Drug safety Research Analyst is to work with our analyst and tech teams to conduct online research, write topical papers and drug safety news stories, help to keep our product up-to-date with new, real-time information relating to drug safety, and interact with clients on an as-needed basis. Occasional / light travel to industry conferences or client meetings is required.
• PharmD degree
• Expertise or background in drug safety preferred
• Expertise in MS Excel preferred and proficient in MS Office products required
• Excellent Internet research, analytical, and writing skills
• Detail oriented
• Perform under time pressure while preserving data integrity
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting
• Salary commensurate with experience, education, and background
• Equity participation through stock options.
• Paid sick and vacation days*
• Standard benefits including health and dental plans*
* Eligible after 90 days of employment.
Contact Brian Overstreet at email@example.com; 707.387.9230, ext 500.
Pharmacist, immediate opening
(posted May 27)
Central Drugs Compounding Pharmacy, a nationwide compounding and retail pharmacy with stores in La Habra and Fullerton, CA, is a leading specialty pharmacy dedicated to providing superior customized medications, professional lines of quality, nutritional products and exceptional customer service to our physicians and patients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, high-energy, self-motivated, health conscious team player to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a successful individual to become part of an exciting team that understands that company worth is based on the value we place on the people that support it!
This is a unique opportunity that is different from most retail settings. As a compounding pharmacist, you will be trained in a pharmacy specialty that will allow you to see beyond the traditional role of a pharmacist.
Requirements: PharmD; current and valid California license; previous retail pharmacy experience is a must.
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirments to Dr. Nayan Patel
Medical Affairs PharmD, AltheaDx, San Diego
(posted May 27)
AltheaDx performs assay development and clinical testing services for biopharma customers and physicians. Our biopharma service menu covers early stage biomarker discovery through companion diagnostics development, clinical trials and regulatory submission to FDA.
Will have primary responsibility for Medical Information for all products and development projects. Includes responding to medical inquiries from healthcare professionals and consumers, triaging safety and product complaint calls, providing technical support for in-house education and corporate communication activities, and review of promotional materials. The Medical Affairs PharmD serves as a liaison between Medical Affairs and other departments for medical/clinical/scientific issues pertaining to products.
Requirements: PharmD, PhD, or BS/MS Pharmacy degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in clinical practice and/or the pharmaceutical industry. Prior industry experience in Medical Information strongly preferred.
Contact: Maureen Kube
Clinical Consultant Pharmacist – Flexible Pharmacy Consulting
Flexible Pharmacy Consulting needs a California-Registered Pharmacist for a clinical consultant pharmacist role at several group homes located in Greater Los Angeles and surrounding areas. This is a temporary assignment starting in May.
For more information, go to Flexible Pharmacy Services
Pharmacy Operations Manager-Long-Term Care, Omnicare-Bakersfield
Also seeking Staff Pharmacists (15 employees)
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the site as they pertain to company outcome objectives established for the region.
- Guide and direct supervisors in the development, production and promotion of pharmacy products and services.
- Maintain a sound plan of corporate organization and follow established policies and procedures to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession.
- Ensure that the staff of approximately 15 is familiar with their role in carrying out the site’s emergency preparedness and security template.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Ensure the site is in compliance with all applicable local, state, federal, and accrediting rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by Omnicare.
- Bachelor Degree
- RPh California
- At least two (2) years of related pharmacy management experience which can include technicians
For more than thirty years, communities and facilities all over the country have relied on Omnicare’s Long Term Care division to address and respond to the changing world of the senior care industry. The Omnicare Long Term Care division provides a variety of services and products to long term care facilities, residents, and senior populations living independently. Combined, the offerings of the Omnicare Long Term Care division support quality pharmaceutical care and cost management, for both facilities and individuals. Omnicare is a Fortune 500 company with 187 long-term care pharmacies in 47 states.
Contact: Kelly Livesay, Talent Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org