Open Faculty Positions
Please visit Jobs at USC for School of Pharmacy faculty positions at http://capsnet.usc.edu/ers/.
Pharmacy Job Network
Director of Pharmacy – San Francisco Health Plan
(posted December 17, 2014)
The San Francisco Health Plan is a managed care health plan designed by and for the people of San Francisco. Our mission is to provide affordable, high quality health care to SF residents and support our safety net.
As the Director of Pharmacy, you will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring all aspects of the pharmacy program for SFHP members. Responsibilities include managing the daily pharmacy program operations and the contracted Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM). You will manage and lead the Medication Therapy Management Program and oversee any groups delegated to provide a pharmacy service. You’ll also provide clinical support to the Health Services team and other SFHP departments. The Director of Pharmacy ensures achievement of organizational and department goals through vigorous monitoring of program and department metrics and he/she is responsible for regular analysis of pharmacy data, and for researching literature to identify quality and cost containment opportunities, in collaboration with the clinical pharmacy staff and Medical Directors.
The Director of Pharmacy also serves as the Residency Program Director for the Managed Care Pharmacy Program and for the leadership of the Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) managed care pharmacy student rotation.
• Registered Pharmacist (Doctor of Pharmacy Preferred), MBA a plus.
• Experience with utilization management in a health care delivery setting
• Experience in an HMO or experience in managed care setting, a plus. Medi-Cal preferred.
• Experience with state and federal insurance programs, preferred
• Extensive knowledge of pharmacy workflow from prescription to claims submission and authorization request processing.
• Ability to supervise 6 staff ( 2 clinical pharmacists, 1 pharmacy resident, 2 specialists and 1 coordinator) and communicate effectively with staff, management and executives.
If interested, please apply to the Director of Pharmacy position at www.sfhp.org/careers. Please contact Susannah Sallin at (650) 464-7081 with any questions.
Executive Pharmacist & Community Outreach Specialist (Altadena, California)
(posted August 21, 2014)
Improving health care for our guests is a priority for us. A great opportunity to serve Webster’s Community Pharmacy’s guests & potential customers with professional care. Drive profitable pharmacy sales by ensuring a fast, accurate, and genuine interaction with every guest. Use your skills, experience & talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking & visionary goals. Pharmacist and Community Outreach Specialist will work in tandem with the Owner/PIC
Pharmacist – 80% of your time
- Become a trusted health care resource to Webster’s guests by compounding & dispensing medication accurately. Providing patient counseling; including clinical pharmacy services
- Champion sales & guest experience by supervising the day-to-day operations of the Pharmacy team
- Execute common store process & implement new company initiatives
- Direct credentialed clinical programs e.g. weight loss, smoking cessation, cholesterol care & diabetes prevention
- Establish & maintain patient profiles
- Uphold service standards for counseling, dispensing, pricing, licensing, managing inventory & record keeping
- Ensure all work processes are performed efficiently & effectively at each work station by performing quality assurance steps & providing coaching, training & honest feedback to team members
- Comply with state/federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the DEA, & the FDA, & maintain records for controlled substances,
- Maintain pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks & participating in professional networks.
Community Outreach Specialist – 20% of your time
The Community Outreach Specialist will build the community relations function, help shape Webster’s image for the future & drive new sales & will play a key role in Webster’s community awareness & business development. This person is expected to be a creative, strategic & results-oriented leader who can develop and manage new relationships & drive additional traffic to Webster’s. This position will involve driving to and meeting with local community groups & will require that one..;
All other duties as assigned by the Owners
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD
- 3+ yrs. experience in pharmacy & community outreach
- Active pharmacy license in California w/all held licenses in good standing
- Strong commitment to guest service & willing to provide clinical services such as immunizations & screenings
- Ability to lead & work on a team
- Self-starter; initiative-taking; detail oriented
- Demonstrated time management & organizational skills
- Creative thinker
- Strong public speaking experience; superior communication skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, & flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible work schedule
- Valid Driver’s License & proof of insurance
The Executive Pharmacist and Community Outreach Specialist will report directly to the Owners.
Please send your resume w/cover letter to email@example.com